HAWAI'I (O'AHU + KAUAI + BIG ISLAND) | SPRING 2017
Three islands, in 10 days? With a lot on the agenda, sleep almost didn't seem possible but we got it all done. I appreciated the pace of the trip, allowing time for both lazy mornings and early rises. There is something magical about the islands that make you feel like nothing is impossible. The aloha spirit is truly contagious. There is nothing overrated about the North Shore.
TIPS + FACTS
• Learn some local lingo beforehand!
• Plan for a variety of weather changes. It beautiful.
• Food truck + Street food heaven!
• Interisland flights have a carry-on weight restriction of 25lbs.
• Never opt out of car rental insurance.
• Rent scuba/snorkel gear locally.
• Plan around at least 4-5 days per island.
• Include a "do-nothing" day in your itinerary.
• Expect traffic, theres no way around it.
WHAT I PACKED
• versatile dress
• sanuk yoga slings
• board shorts/pj short
• athletic sneaker
•quick dry tank top
•denim cut-off shorts
•quick dry v-neck tshirt
WHAT WE DID
• Diving/Night Dive
• Beach Day
•Volcanoes National Park visit
WHAT WE ATE
•Farm to Table / or Luau
• Passion Fruit Orange Guava (POG) drink
OTHER NOT SO FUN DETAILS
• Don't waive the car insurance, fender benders CAN happen
• Plan your days up island or downward to avoid sitting in traffic
•Avoid distractions, don't miss your flight. The airport is sprawling, plan time accordingly